- SA Quaker News 248 — January 2022 14 January 2022
- Statement on the Passing of Archbishop Desmond Tutu 31 December 2021
- Epistle of the Quaker Community in Southern Africa Yearly Meeting 2021 2 August 2021
- Quaker Community in Southern Africa endorses SACC statement 2 August 2021
- Statement on the Failed Insurrection and Civil Unrest in South Africa 2 August 2021
Category Archives: Stewardship
At their recent virtual meeting the Quaker Community in Southern Africa was made aware of the following statement of the South African Council of Churches. “The South African Council of Churches (SACC) is dismayed and perplexed by reports that Government … Continue reading
The Pack that will be distributed to Yearly Meeting attendees has gone to the printer. For those Friends who wish to read the contents in advance, please download the PDF file from the link below. SAYM Pack 2018 — PDF file … Continue reading
JOIN US AT PARLIAMENT TO DEMAND A JUST ENERGY FUTURE FOR SOUTH AFRICA by SAFCEI on November 15, 2017 in Nuclear, SAFCEI announcement The Campaign for a Just Energy Future and the Stop the Secret Nuclear Deal alliance (of … Continue reading
Today the UK High Court ruled that local councils can use ethical investment criteria in making investment decisions. British Yearly Meeting joined in this legal action. Read the article.
The more detailed report that contains the background to the items Minuted at MYRM 2017 is now available. It is behind the new SAYM password and can be reached via the SAYM page.
The Quaker Peace Centre was founded in 1987 in response to the repressive policies of the apartheid regime. Although QPC is now independent of the Quakers in Southern Africa, in a sense, it still operates under the Quaker banner. As … Continue reading